Notice of AGM of BRINDABELLA SKI CLUB Inc, 7.30pm, Tuesday 16 March 2021
Brindabella Ski Club will hold its 2020 AGM at 7.30pm on Tuesday 16 March 2021. The meeting will be conducted via Zoom.
All Committee positions are declared vacant at the AGM and an election is conducted. Full adult and life members are able to nominate for committee positions. Nominations have been received for most positions, however we are still seeking a nomination for the position of VP Management. Nominations for all other positions are also encouraged.
More information about Club positions is available from the document ‘BSC Summary of Club Positions’ on the club’s website page (https://brindabellaskiclub.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/BSC-Summary-of-Club-Positions-20170307.pdf). Written nominations (on the attached form) close 7 days prior to the AGM i.e. 7.30pm, Tuesday 9 March 2021. Nominations can be submitted by the closing time to the Club Secretary via email at [email protected] or posted to GPO Box 311, Canberra, ACT, 2601. If no nominations for a position are received before the deadline, nominations for that position may be made from the floor of the meeting.
Members wishing to propose any motions must notify the Secretary in writing by 7:30 pm Friday 19 February 2021 via email at [email protected] or posted to GPO Box 311, Canberra, ACT, 2601. The AGM agenda will be finalised and advised to members after that date.
Proxies will be accepted at the AGM as required under Section 70AA of the ACT Incorporated Associations Act 1991. As stated in Section 70AA, “This section expires 12 months after the day the COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020, section 4 commenced.” That Act commenced on 14 May 2020 so our AGM is within the 12 month period. Such proxies are to be notified to the Secretary in writing not less than 48 hours prior to the time advised to members for the start of the meeting i.e. by 7.30pm, Sunday 14 March 2021, on the attached form.
To facilitate the AGM, the committee requests any questions be submitted at least one week in advance of the AGM. An email will be sent in the coming weeks on how best to submit questions.
If you would like to discuss any positions further please contact the President, James Lawrence on [email protected] for further information or to arrange a time to call.
Rob Griffin, Secretary
AGENDA FOR THE AGM OF BRINDABELLA SKI CLUB INC
7:30 PM TUESDAY 16 MARCH 2021
- Confirmation of minutes of Annual General Meeting, 23 September 2020, as published in the Spring 2020 edition of Christie (edition 60.2)
- President’s Report
- Presentation of Audited Statements of Accounts, Net Profit and Loss Statement and Auditor’s Report
- Matters required to be decided under the Club Rules
- Motion 1: Appointment of Auditor: – That Vincents Audit Pty Ltd is appointed to audit the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 October 2021
- Motion 2: Setting of Membership Rates – To consider and if thought fit pass a resolution setting membership rates.
- Appointment of Returning Officer
- Election of Committee members for 2020-21
- Other business